Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rex Ryan Is An Asshole

Jets coach Rex Ryan made himself look like an asshole in public again. Here's something he said this week in reference to his months-old "kiss Belichick's rings" comment:

"When I said that about Belichick, I'm just letting him know I'm not intimidated by him. He's got the same position I have. We're both head coaches in this league. He just happens to have a hell of a lot more Super Bowl wins. I don't have a win. I understand that, but we're not going to tiptoe our way through this thing."

He declares that he's not intimidated by Bill Belichick and then immediately explains why he's inferior to Belichick. He says that there will be no tiptoeing as he is tiptoeing around his own artificially brash statements about not backing down.

Ryan's tough-guy posturing has been awkward from the start. Nobody provoked the initial comment ("I'm not here [coaching the Jets] to kiss Bill Belichick's rings"), making him just seem insecure about his stature relative to Belichick's rather than confident in his own coaching abilities. I felt bad for him (Ryan) at the time, and now he's just digging a deeper hole of loserdom. A loser hole. For losers to dwell in. Safely quarantined from successful people.

Rex Ryan thinks that a successful man is one who shouts as loud as he can at everyone and everything around him. He is a barking dog to Belichick's army general. I like the Pats to take the season series.

No comments:

Post a Comment